Friday, August 21, 2009

Baby Seat available in ladies washroom…

Over the weekend when I brought our baby on an outing to the new Orchard Central located besides Somerset MRT and opposite Centrepoint, I was impressed with this initiative by the designer of this newly opened shopping mall. Not only that the concept of the stores is different, the toilets are impressive too. The downside of it, there is still a lot of spaces not taken up, which makes shopping there a quick affair.

Speaking of their washrooms, one of the cubicles is equipped with a baby seat. And I find it extremely useful as I can put my baby to sit at the side while I attend to my own needs. I really applaud such initiatives. It makes the outing more pleasant for mothers especially.



We have seen that more malls are baby friendly nowadays. There have better nursing rooms but they were never enough and only available at one level. Another problem faced, in my view is the provision of traveling using a pram. Even when we have the lift, normally we have to wait for a few trips before we can enter one. Either it is packed or people will looked at you as if you are going to enter with an elephant. And they often do not make room for you and the pram even there is enough space. They will just hit on the ‘door close’ button.

Hence, to prevent such a frustrated experience, I always carry my baby. The baby seat in the washroom is definitely something that is welcoming to me and mothers alike.


0 comments:

Post a Comment